Find out more on her website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries/pitches.
Director of Free Jazz Documentary
"Jazz is the only indigenous American art form and I am trying to advocate for more focus on an integral phase of it."
Fire Music, a documentary screened at this year's New York Film Festival, explores the important role that jazz has played in American culture. Emerging in the 1950s and inspired by Abstract Expressionists and the Beats, Free Jazz has always played by its own rules. Jazz was considered to be angry — like the Punk movement would be twenty-five years later — and was often misunderstood. This film, featuring a variety of notable jazz artists, works to untangle the music from the genre's image.
We spoke with director Tom Surgal about what inspired the film, the process of assembling it, and more. Read on for an inside look into the documentary's production.
OCTOBER 12th-14th | What is coming to theaters this weekend?
Family drama lights up the screen in our best bet at the movies this weekend.
In Box Office Breakdown we review the best movies for you to check out every weekend. Looking to laugh? What about having your pants scared off? Maybe you just need a little love? Whatever you're in the mood for, we have you covered. Take a peek at our top picks for this week.
- New Releases ›
- New Movie Releases - Metacritic ›
- 15 Best New Movies This Fall: 'A Star Is Born,' 'First Man' And More ... ›
- 25 Best Movies of 2018 So Far - Top New Films to Watch This Year ›
- New Movies in Theaters Now - Recent Releases | Fandango ›
- 17 best new films of 2018 - Most anticipated movies of 2018 ›
- Movies at Redbox & Other New DVD Releases & Blu-ray for Rent ›
- New Movies In Theaters - IMDb ›
- New Movies in Theaters Now | Recent Releases | Fandango ›
- New Movies Coming Soon - IMDb ›
- Top Movies - Top Box Office | Rotten Tomatoes ›
The English songstress on her latest music video.
"'The Deep' is about resilience faced with the potential of betrayal. It's saying, 'I'll try to stay the course.'"
With "The Deep," Phildel's songwriting goes to a brand new emotional place. Her first track in five years explores new depths and is portrayed visually with the help of Pixar animators in a beautiful video. Many know a little about her music, but few know much about the artist's story. She spoke with Popdust about what has influenced this latest song and what we can hope to see next.
Read on for the complete interview.