The Canadian artist releases a video for his latest single, a transparent and stark confessional track on loss and grief.
In an exclusive Popdust premiere, Adrian Chalifour shares the video for his newest release, "The Collapse," with Popdust.
It's the second single and music video from his upcoming debut album, Joy, out October 4th, but "The Collapse" leaves the choreo and vibrant joy of the "Open Heart" video behind for a far simpler format and a fitting change of pace. "The Collapse" is a song about grief and the things left unsaid when a loved one leaves too soon.
ADRIAN CHALIFOUR - THE COLLAPSE www.youtube.com
The track features haunting atmospheric rock, with vocal samples and synth trills laid beneath Chalifour's mature vocals. The camera stays static on the former Towers and Trees frontman, who sings as projections of ocean waves and crashing tides play on the blank wall behind him. There's no distracting concept or narrative here, only Chalifour's interaction with the viewer as he reflects on his loss: "Still your brother, still your father, still your son, you know that," he promises over the song's soaring chords. "The Collapse" focuses on how incomplete a loss can make you feel, with Chalifour's poetic lyrics coalescing in a stark depiction of loss. Without any conceptual dressings, the shimmering emotion of the song shines through cleanly, and Chalifour's vulnerability becomes a work of art.
- Adrian Chalifour (@AdrianChalifour) | Twitter ›
- Adrian Chalifour - The Collapse ›
- Adrian Chalifour - The Collapse - Out Now on all platforms! | Facebook ›
- Adrian Chalifour – The Collapse – Popmuzik ›
- PREMIERE: Adrian Chalifour celebrates kindness on "Open Heart" ›
- Adrian Chalifour's "Open Heart" music video features joyful drag ... ›
- Adrian Chalifour releases new single, "The Collapse" | Canadian ... ›
WATCH: Billie Eilish Declares Your Opinion Of Her "Not My Responsibility" In Powerful New Short Film
The young star bears all in "NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY."
Break out pop star and five time Grammy-award-winner Billie Eilish is sick of your body shaming.
The 18-year-old just dropped a powerful new short film in which she slowly removes her clothes as we hear her voice hypnotically decry the media's obsession with her body. She says, "Some people hate what I wear. Some people praise it. Some people use it to shame others. Some people use it to shame me. But I feel you watching, always, and nothing I do goes unseen. So, whether I feel your stares, your disapproval, or your sigh of relief—if I lived by them, I'd never be able to move. Would you like me to be smaller? Weaker? Softer? Taller? Would you like me to be quiet? Do my shoulders provoke you? Does my chest? Am I my stomach, my hips?" Meanwhile, she strips to a black bikini in slow motion, eventually sinking into a pool of black viscous liquid and declaring your opinion "not my responsibility."
- Billie Eilish Didn't Need All Those Grammys - Popdust ›
- Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, and the Sexist Backlash Against Female ... ›
- Billie Eilish Releases Homophobic New Song - Popdust ›
- Billie Eilish's “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go ... ›
- How to Get Billie Eilish's Baggy-Chic Look - Topdust ›
Progressive psych-rock with trippy energy.