Dolly Parton has been reading children's books on YouTube, but Dolly is pure therapy for adults too
You may know Dolly Parton from her acting career, her Dollywood theme park, or her unparalleled talent as a country music singer-songwriter, but apparently that's not how her younger fans think of her.
In her new YouTube videos she introduces herself as "Dolly Parton, the book lady from the Imagination Library." And in some ways, being "the book lady" might be her biggest legacy. She's made promoting childhood literacy her driving cause in recent decades, starting the Imagination Library program to deliver a new book every month to children in seven different countries.
During the current crisis, Dolly is extending her work with children's literacy—and helping out parents who might be struggling to keep their kids entertained—by reading children's books each week to an audience of hundreds of thousands on YouTube. Whether these videos come in handy calming children down when they're getting stir-crazy in the afternoon, lulling them off to sleep, or engaging them with the idea of reading for themselves, they're sure to be a great resource for parents around the world. But there's a secret extra feature to these videos that doesn't tend to get a mention in headlines about Dolly Parton "reading bedtime stories to kids." What's really special about these videos is...you don't have to be a kid to watch them
"Goodnight with Dolly" | Episode 1 | Dolly Parton reads "The Little Engine That Could www.youtube.com
Sure, the content of The Little Engine That Could might not be as nuanced and emotionally complex as those Knausgård novels you're never going to read, but you can't deny that it's an inspiring tale with a satisfying ending. More importantly, with the amount of stress and anxiety most of us are feeling these days, Dolly infuses these videos with some much needed warmth and sincere kindness that is deeply soothing. So if you've been struggling to sleep lately, or if you just need to get out of your own head for a few minutes, check out the videos at the "Dolly Parton's Imagination Library" YouTube channel. then close your eyes, and imagine yourself being cradled against Dolly's ample...kindness.
- Dolly Parton's bedtime story could be CBeebies' greatest hit ... ›
- Dolly Parton to read bedtime stories over the Internet | Fox News ›
- Dolly Parton reading bedtime stories to kids in new video series ›
- Dolly Parton to read bedtime stories in new video series ›
- Dolly Parton launches bedtime story video series 'Goodnight with ... ›
- International Treasure Dolly Parton Will Now Read Us Bedtime Stories ›
- Goodnight With Dolly - Dolly Parton's Imagination Library ›
- Tonight! Dolly Parton will be reading bedtime stories for your kids ... ›
- Starting Thursday, Dolly Parton will read bedtime stories to your kids ... ›
- Dolly Parton Will Read Bedtime Stories To Kids Online Every Week ... ›
Former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic praised a recent speech from President Trump.
In the midst of a worldwide health crisis, Black Lives Matter protests, and a president who tear gassed citizens for a photo op, people's true colors are really showing.
Many Nirvana fans have been disappointed by the news that Krist Novoselic, the former bassist of the '90s garage-rock legends, has even a sliver of respect for Donald Trump—going so far as to praise the president's recent Law and Order speech. "Wow!!! I know many of you can't stand him, however, Trump knocked it out of the park with this speech," Novoselic wrote in a post on his personal Facebook page. While the musician denounced Trump's threat to use military force to thwart protestors, he said the president's tone was "strong and direct." Novoselic then went on to cite "leftist insurrection" as a root cause of polarizing politics in the United States, although videos and witness accounts of protests have repeatedly claimed that police are often the first to incite violence, thus causing the "riots."
If a brand can back positive social change through financially beneficial PR, that's still a positive.
Corporations have one interest and one interest only: profit.
No matter how much you love a nostalgic toy brand from your childhood or a fast food chain's Twitter account, it's worth remembering that their primary goal is always to get you to buy their product. Brands are not your friends, and it's naive to think that they ever "do the right thing" out of some higher sense of justice beyond their bottom line.
- Xbox Series X Seems Like a Disappointment - Popdust ›
- An Old Gamer Recommends Classic Video Games to Gen-Z - Popdust ›
- Major Gaming Companies Voice Support for Black Lives Matter ›
- PS5 game reveal event has been delayed: “Not a time for ... ›
- PlayStation 5 Reveal Event Postponed In Response To ... ›
- Sony postpones PlayStation 5 games reveal in support of ... ›
- Sony announces a PlayStation 5 reveal -- here's what to expect ... ›
- PS5 news: Sony PlayStation 5 reveal date blabbed by leaker | T3 ›
- PlayStation 5: Everything We Know -- Launch Games, Reveal, PS5 ... ›
- Unveiling New Details of PlayStation 5: Hardware Technical Specs ... ›
- Huge Disappointment for Sony PlayStation 5 Reveal ... ›
- PS5 reveal event delayed: Sony postpones PlayStation 5 unveiling ... ›