The actor/rapper endorsed the Democratic presidential candidate this week.
Donald Glover—the mastermind known for Atlanta, Community, and his musical alias Childish Gambino—has a new side gig.
The rapper/actor/comedian extraordinaire appeared alongside Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang this week, fundraising for his campaign by selling collaboration merch at an exclusive pop-up event. The endorsement alone was enough of a shocker, but it doesn't stop there: According to the Hill, Glover has officially signed on as the "creative consultant" for Yang's campaign. We have no idea what the job title entails, but things are bound to get interesting.
Had a blast with Donald Glover today! Big thanks to everyone who came out in L.A.! https://t.co/hk87FuArsS— Andrew Yang🧢 (@Andrew Yang🧢) 1576796298.0
If we're just talking musical genres, we can't say this partnership is exactly in line with Yang's goal to be "the first ex-goth president," but to each their own. He's mentioned that he's a huge fan of the Cure and the Smiths, although if the latter's Morrissey were American, he certainly wouldn't be on the Democratic side of things—yikes!
This is America, I guess.
- Who Was the First Goth? - Popdust ›
- Donald Glover's Amazon Deal Proves 2021 Is All a Weird Dream - Popdust ›
- Donald Glover Named 'Creative Consultant' for Andrew Yang's ... ›
- Donald Glover Endorses Democratic Candidate Andrew Yang ... ›
- Donald Glover to hold campaign event with Andrew Yang | TheHill ›
- Donald Glover Backing Andrew Yang Has the "Yang Gang" Going ... ›
- Donald Glover announces Andrew Yang fundraiser | The FADER ›
- Donald Glover, Andrew Yang Join Forces for L.A. Pop-Up Event ›
- Donald Glover Endorses Andrew Yang for President, a Match Made ... ›
- Andrew Yang Hangs With Donald Glover After Celeb Endorsement ›
- Donald Glover Joins Andrew Yang Campaign as Creative Consultant ›
- Donald Glover Joins Andrew Yang's Campaign ›