Have you ever noticed that Disney's lions were weirdly pretty in the original? Why? They're lions.
With Beyonce and Donald Glover as the voices of Simba and Nala, Disney's remake of The Lion King uses movie-making magic to create photo-realistic animals that are nearly as pretty as its leads.
But look back at the 1994 original, and Disney always had a penchant for illustrating animals with weirdly attractive features. In the upcoming remake, Jon Favreau also directs an impressive cast of comedians who capture the beloved oafishness of Pumbaa (Seth Rogan), high energy of Timon (Billy Eichner), and neuroticism of Zazu (John Oliver). As the voice of Scar, Chiwetel Ejiofor sounds dramatically menacing, even if he doesn't have the absolutely chilling voice of Jeremy Irons.
In the most recent trailer, baby Simba bonds with Mufasa (voiced by James Earl Jones in a blessed reprisal of the 90s' best father figure), Scar is a dick, and Nala is a weirdly pretty lion. Wait for the very last seconds of the trailer, and you hear a snippet of Seth Rogan and Billy Eichner singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight."
As the latest of more than 20 remakes slated for production, Disney's mostly CGI "live-action" reboot is sure to be a mind-bending dose of nostalgia. The Lion King hits theaters July 19th, 2019.
The Lion King Official Trailer youtu.be
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- The Lion King trailer breaks preview viewing records for Disney | EW ... ›
- 'The Lion King' trailer hypes the remake that's out in 100 days: Watch ›
- The Lion King 2019 trailer animation is worse than the original ... ›
- The first full-length trailer for Disney's live action 'Lion King' ›
- 'Lion King' just dropped a new trailer, and it looks stunning: Watch ›
- 'The Lion King': Disney Drops First Full Trailer – Variety ›
You'll never guess #1 (*wink wink*)
The 4th of July means you'll probably get plenty of time to watch movies about aliens.
Why aliens? Because it's Independence Day, silly: the day our forefathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, freeing the thirteen American colonies from British rule. As a nation of immigrants, one could argue that we're all aliens on this special day. So without further ado, here are the top five Alien movies to watch on Independence Day (*wink wink*).
- Why Bad Movies Are Better Than Good Ones - Popdust ›
- What Happened to Disaster Movies? Oh, We're Living in One ... ›
- The latest installment of the Alien franchise disappoints. - Popdust ›
- World UFO Day: The 10 best alien films, from ET: The Extra ... ›
- Scariest alien movies. - IMDb ›
- The Top 30 alien invasion movies, ranked | SYFY WIRE ›
- 10 great films about aliens visiting Earth | BFI ›
- Alien Movies Ranked From Worst To Best | IndieWire ›
- Best ALIEN INVASION Movie Trailers - YouTube ›
- The 11 Best Alien Movies on Netflix to Watch Tonight [July 2019] ›
- Alien Movies Ranked from Worst to Best | Collider ›
- Best Alien Movies | List of Top Films About Aliens ›
- The greatest alien encounter movies, ranked ›
New Zealand's greatest writer-director-actor has some big new projects coming up, but it's worth looking back at his previous work
A lot of filmmakers keep themselves apart from their work.
You can watch all of their films, learn to recognize their style and vision, and still be left with the mystery of who their creator is. That's not the case with New Zealand filmmaker Taika Waititi.