Ninja frogs need love, too.
On February 27, 1996, Pokemon Red & Green released in Japan for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
Now, 24 years later, Pokemon is one of the most popular, beloved franchises anywhere in the world. So for Pokemon fans, the anniversary of the series' launch—now known as Pokemon Day—is a time full of celebration when The Pokemon Company pulls out all the stops.
One of the most exciting Pokemon Day events this year was the reveal of the top favorite Pokemon of the Year, as voted by millions of fans. How does someone even choose a favorite from the nearly 900 different Pokemon species that currently exist? Do most people just default to adorable series mascot Pikachu? Do they pick Charizard because COME ON, IT'S FREAKING CHARIZARD!?!? Or, do they identify most with a frogman who wears its own tongue as a scarf? Ah, yes. It's definitely that last one.
Honestly, it's wonderful to see Greninja getting so much love from the Pokemon community, and it's also great to see Mimikyu make the top 3. If an anthropomorphic frog ninja can get so many people to love him, maybe there's still hope for the rest of us.
On the video game front, Pokemon Sword & Shield is getting a special Mewtwo raid for Pokemon Day, wherein trainers can join forces to challenge the incredibly powerful, emotionally damaged science cat. Apparently he's strong enough to wipe out most challengers, and it's also impossible to catch him. That said, victory nets you coveted rewards like Bottle Cops and PP Max, so it's definitely worth taking him on if your team is up to snuff.
Finally, what better gift could fans receive on Pokemon Day than the introduction of a brand new Pokemon?
After a few weeks of teasing, Nintendo has finally revealed the new Mythical Pokemon for Sword & Shield, and...oh boy.
Zarude is officially classified as "The Rogue Monkey Pokemon," which is the most accurate description one could possibly give to a red-eyed, edgelord monkey Pokemon with a pointy tail and sharpened claws. With a dark/grass dual-typing, Zarude is going to get absolutely wrecked by bug Pokemon, too, which is kind of ironic considering the fact that monkeys eat bugs. But hey, not every Pokemon can be a bug-wrecking monster like Greninja.
- Happy Birthday to Mewtwo, the Pokemon Who's Basically Just a Dude ›
- Your Favorite Childhood Brands Support Black Lives Matter - Popdust ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- 'Pokémon Go' Event Update: Armored Mewtwo Returns, Start Time ... ›
- Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield adds new Mythical Pokemon ... ›
- The next Mythical Pokémon, Zarude has been revealed | iMore ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield get new mythical Pokémon, Zarude ... ›
- The Pokémon of the Year has been announced! | iMore ›
- Pokemon of the Year Is Greninja, New Mythical Pokemon Is Zarude ›
- Pokémon Sun and Moon demo guide - How to unlock Ash-Greninja ... ›
- Worlds Day One Is Done | Pokemon.com ›
- 2019 Pokémon Europe International Championships—Day 1 ... ›
- Pokemon Plushie | Pokemon Stuffed Animals | Build-A-Bear® ›
- GRENINJA HATES MOTHER'S DAY (SUPER LATE) - YouTube ›
- Greninja: Google's Pokemon of the Year award winner revealed ›
- Greninja is the Pokémon of the Year, announces The Pokémon ... ›
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›
Please stop me.
Post Malone is the poet laureate of all beer-drunken hearts, and his astute observations on life, love, and intoxication deserve to be taken far too seriously.
As a freshly graduated English major who just moved to Brooklyn, I feel that it's my personal responsibility to share my philosophical musings with the world. Sadly, very few people read books anymore, so I've decided to apply my degree to something I love but that also may meet the masses on their terms: the exquisitely poetic lyrics of the one and only Post Malone.
- Post Malone Talks New Album, Courtney Love, and COVID-19 on Nirvana Livestream - Popdust ›
- Listen to Post Malone Cover Nirvana Songs Live This Friday - Popdust ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›
- 20 Post Malone Song Lyrics & Music Videos From Today's Newly ... ›
- Post Malone lyrics, songs and albums | LyricsFreak ›
- Post Malone's 'Wow.' Lyrics | Billboard ›
- The five most peak Post Malone lyrics on 'Hollywood's Bleeding' ›
- Post Malone - Die For Me (Lyrics) ft. Future, Halsey - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics ›
- Post Malone - circles (Lyrics) - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›