Plus new music from Lillian Frances, JD Simon, Balms and more
RELEASE RADAR is here to give you the breakdown of the top singles, albums, and videos of the week, so you can head into your weekend with a new list of killer tunes.
Uffie | "Sadmoney"
Uffie took over MySpace with her track "Pop the Glock" back in 2011. Eight years and two kids later, she's back with an equally infectious single.
JD Simo - You Need Love (Official Audio) www.youtube.com
Old school blues has never sounded so modern. With classic influences and modern technology, JD Simo redefines traditional blues for a new generation.
The brothers-turned-bandmates in Fuel on Fire incorporate traditional bluegrass into their unique blend of indie rock.
Explosive pop-punk outfit A Brilliant Lie kicked off a 2019 tour last month and teased their upcoming album (out this March) with their track, "The Tarot"
PREMIERE | Trapdoor Social | "The Move"
Trapdoor Social - The Move (audio only) www.youtube.com
Environmental activists/musical collective Trapdoor Social is a band with a conscious. Their music, including their latest single "The Move," uses breezy indie pop to play with social critique and philosophy.
Jackie Venson - 'A Million Moments' www.youtube.com
Sharp guitar and pop beats pair beautifully with Jackie Venson's powerful vocals for a fresh take on what we've dubbed "electro-soul."
David Leonard | Signs Of Life
David Leonard - Signs of Life (Official Music Video) www.youtube.com
In his latest video, Grammy-nominated David Leonard heads to a house party and spends the night searching for something he doesn't quite find.
REYNA - Heartbeat (Official Music Video) www.youtube.com
Sister act RENYA bake up sweet treats in their new, very pink, video.
Super Bowl Party by Lillian Frances www.youtube.com
Lillian Frances throws up a big middle finger to the Patriots and the patriarchy in her cheeky new video.
Balms | Mirror
The debut album from San Francisco trio Balms is a dreamy blend of indie rock--but sometimes, the dreams turn to nightmares.
Allie Delyanis is an award-winning and losing freelance journalist based in New York City. She likes bands, books, breakfast food, and would love to be David Sedaris when she grows up. You can find more of her work on www.delyanis.com.
POP⚡DUST | Read More #ReleaseRadar...
- RELEASE RADAR | Premiere from The Split Seconds - Popdust ›
- RELEASE RADAR | New Album from Coyote Choir - Popdust ›
- RELEASE RADAR | Premiere from Con Brio - Popdust ›
- RELEASE RADAR | Premiere from BETS - Popdust ›
- RELEASE RADAR | Premiere from Young Hunger - Popdust ›
- Spotify's Release Radar Is Like Discover Weekly For New Music ... ›
- Spotify Launches New Release Radar Playlist Feature | Time ›
- Spotify's Release Radar and Discover Weekly: These addictive ... ›
- Why the Release Radar playlist is Spotify's secret weapon ›
- Spotify's Release Radar is a personalized playlist of brand-new music ›
- Release Radar on Spotify ›
- Release Radar - Spotify ›
- Ed Rec Vol. 1 from Ed Banger Records / Because Music on Beatport ›
- Ed Banger Records: French Dance Label Celebrates 15 Years ... ›
- New band of the day – No 644: Uffie | Music | The Guardian ›
- Uffie - Difficult (HD) - YouTube ›
- New EDM Release Radar | May 18th | WTF Is Coming Out Friday? ›
Bandcamp is waiving revenue shares today, and you should support POC artists.
Today is another Bandcamp Friday, meaning until midnight tonight, the platform will be waiving revenue shares and letting artists take 100 percent of profits.
Now more than ever, as Black Lives Matter protests occur around the world, it's extremely important to lift marginalized voices. The music industry has repeatedly erased Black voices throughout history, despite the fact that most mainstream genres were invented by Black people.
The new video explores the pain of feeling utterly helpless.
London-based alt-pop artist Ebony Buckle has just unveiled the music video for her single, "Ghost."
EBONY BUCKLE - GHOST (Official Video) youtu.be